This Ginger Cookie recipe is so good. The cookies are crisp on the outside and chewy in the middle. A perfect cookie for dunking in a glass of cold milk, or complimenting a nice herbal tea.
I like to serve these cookies during the winter Holiday Season. Always a crowd favourite, they are the first ones to disappear off of the cookie tray.
The Ultimate Ginger CookiePrint This
- 4 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups of shortening
- 2 c granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c fancy molasses
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 F
- Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and a pinch of salt.
- Using a stand mixer, beat the shortening for approximately 30 seconds.
- Add the granulated sugar and mix on medium high speed until completely incorporated.
- Add the eggs and the molasses and beat until combined.
- Add the flour in two parts and mix until combined.
- Measure the dough out on a scale in 2 oz portions.
- Create a ball with the dough and roll in the remaining granulated sugar.
- Place the on the lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 -14 minutes until cookies puff up and are lightly browned on the edges.
- Cool on a wire rack.