When your looking for a fabulous fall salad this mixed Beet salad is the solution to run to. I love beets and growing them in my garden provides a staple fall ingredient for various meal combinations.
This salad calls for both Golden and Red Beets to deliver a fabulous Fall colour. Mixed with a hint of fresh thyme and soft earthy goats cheese creates a guaranteed fan favourite!
For some added whimsy and a nutty crunch I always add some candied pumpkin seeds or pecans.
If you like a hint of sweetness to counter the vinegar drizzle a tsp of honey over the beets before serving.
This is a great salad to serve as a starter before a Tenderloin Roast Dinner.
Elegant Beet SaladPrint This
- 4 Medium Golden Beets
- 4 Medium Red Beets
- 4 oz Goats Cheese
- 1 Tsp Fresh Thyme
- 2 oz Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 oz Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp of candied Pumpkin seeds or Pecan pieces
Optional: Honey drizzle
- The first step in this dish is to wash your beets and trim the leaves. Then wrap the beets individually in tin foil. Place on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in a 375 degree oven for approx 35-45 minutes. Test the beets by poking them through the foil with fork. If they are easily pierced, the beets are done.
- Remove the cooked beets from the oven and allow them to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Unwrap the beets from the foil, slide off the skins and slice the beets into quarters.
- Portion the beets equally between 4 plates, or load them together on one large serving dish.
- Sprinkle 1 oz of Goat Cheese on each plate.
- Divide the Thyme between the four plates and sprinkle over the beets.
- Drizzle 1/2 tsp of balsamic vinegar over each plate.
- Drizzle 1.2 tsp of olive oil over each plate.
- Garnish with the pumpkin seeds or pecan pieces.
- Should you wish, drizzle the beets with honey.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.