As anyone who follows my blog is aware by now, I love seafood and PEI mussels are a staple. This recipe is one that is really simple and delightfully enjoyable. Using fresh garden tomatoes, white wine, garlic, and herbs these mussels make a fantastic appetizer or light dinner.
I like to serve them with a fresh baguette for dipping in the lovely garlic butter sauce. Serve with a nice craft beer or chardonnay.
PEI Blue Mussels Steamed in White wine with Garlic ButterPrint This
- 2 lbs of fresh PEI Blue Mussels washed, de-beareded, with any “open” mussels discarded.
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes halved.
- 2 minced garlic cloves.
- 3 green onions diced including white ends.
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped flat leaf parsley.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- In a large pot with a lid, melt the butter over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic to the melted butter and cook until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes, green onion, parsley, white wine and celery salt.
- Add the mussels and cover turning up the heat to ensure the Wine comes to a boil. Cook for for approx 6 minutes until all mussels have opened.
- Place mussels in a large serving bowl. Pour the sauce overtop and serve with the baguette bread.