Warm chocolate chip banana bread fresh from the oven, smothered in butter, and served with a tall glass of milk. This is my version of the perfect after school snack, or cold night munchie solution. It brings me back to when I was a kid and my mum made this for us. The comforting taste of home I am now passing on to my kids.
This recipe is really easy to create. If you want to omit the chocolate chips you can replace them with pistachios, walnuts, almonds, or simply do without. This bread freezes well and can last for upwards of a month in the freezer.
Use it as a base for French toast for a fun twist on breakfast. Have fun with this bread and Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Banana BreadPrint This
- Stand Mixer with paddle attachment and mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and measuring spoons
- 1 loaf pan
- Parchment paper
- Non-stick spray
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (plus a handful to sprinkle on top of bread)
The key to any great recipe is to prep your ingredients before you begin cooking. Measure everything out, grease pans, and set oven temperatures. This recipe is no different and has a few prep steps to make this recipe come together easily.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a loaf pan with non stick spray and then line it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Take your 4 bananas and mash them or blend them with food processor until smooth. Add the vanilla and mix together. Set aside.
- In the medium bowl, add your flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix it together.
- Using the stand mixer, add the granulated and brown sugar as well as the butter. Mix until combined. About 3 minutes on high speed.
- Add your eggs one at a time to the butter and sugar mixing well after each addition.
- Add your flour and banana mixture in alternating additions. Begin with adding 1/3 flour to the sugar and egg mixture. Combine. Add 1/2 banana mixture and mix to combine. Add 1/2 flour and combine. Add remaining banana mixture and combine. Add remaining flour mixture and combine.
- Add your chocolate chips and combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Spread evenly. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips on the top of the batter.
- Place loaf pan in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove loaf from oven, allow to sit for 1 minute. Then remove from pan and place on a wire rack to cool.