For a fun and light twist on a classic family treat, try this delicious Lemon Banana Bread.
Made with an abundance of bananas and a hint of lemon this treat is very easy to make.
The perfect after school snack for the kids, or Sunday Brunch staple. This bread also makes a dynamite base for some unique French toast creations. The fun food possibilities are endless.
Store this bread in a ziplock bag for 3 days on the counter. To freeze it, wrap the bread in wax paper and place in a freezer safe bag. This will keep for a month in Freezer to enjoy later. Simply thaw and serve.
Lemon Banana BreadPrint This
- 1 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 c butter
- 2/3 c granulated sugar
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 c mashed banana pulp
- Begin this recipe by pre-heating your oven to 350F.
- Grease your 8.5 x 4.5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, blend the butter, sugar, and lemon rind together until very creamy.
- Add the eggs and the banana pulp and mix well to combine.
- Add the flour in three additions, mixing just until incorporated between each.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 55-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and gently tip the loaf out of the pan. Cool the loaf on a wire rack.
Enjoy this Banana bread served warm with butter, or later with your favourite preserves. This bread also makes a fabulous base for French toast.