Dessert is a must at our house and this Blueberry Tart is one of our favourites. I am certain my daughter chooses her main course with dessert in mind. These dainty little tarts make a delicious statement at the end of any meal.
This no-bake dessert is very easy to prepare and looks much fussier than it is.
All you need to serve with it, is a fork and a napkin.
Ultimate Ginger Blueberry Cream Cheese TartPrint This
- 1 c of graham wafer crumbs
- 1/2 c of ground ginger cookies
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp melted butter
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 c sour cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 c fresh blueberries
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Mix your crust ingredients together and press into a large tart pan or distribute equally between 8 mini tart pans.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before filling
Cream Cheese filling:
- Using a stand mixer, blend the cream cheese until soft and fluffy.
- Add the sugar, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Mix until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Pour into the cooled cookie crust.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup of blueberries with 1/2 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Strain the liquid into a ligand measuring cup and top up to 1 cup with additional water.
- Combine he sugar and the cornstarch. Add them to the blueberry juice
- Return the blueberry juice to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Stir constantly until the liquid has thickened.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Add the remaining blueberries.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour the blueberry sauce over the cream cheese mixture.
Allow the tart to sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. Ideally you would make this tart the day before and allow to sit in the fridge overnight to set.
Garnish with icing sugar and cinnamon sprinkled over the tart before serving.