My favourite kitchen appliance has to be my slow cooker. It has been my meal prep saviour on many occasions. I am always on the lookout for recipes to use along with new dynamic flavours to try. From soups, to stews, the options are truly endless.
This Pulled Pork recipe is at the top of my favourites list. Quick and easy to make, this unique flavour combination is a delicious twist on the classic sauce.
The ginger gives a spicy kick while the orange brings a tangy twist.
Served on a fresh brioche bun, and topped with classic coleslaw, this meal literally fits in the palm of you hand. The entire family will love it.
Do you have leftovers? Make them new again by using the pork as a substitute for chicken in your quesadillas. Punch up your homemade Mac N’Cheese but tossing some of the pork into the pan, or create a tangy eggs Benedict using the pork as your meat substitute with spinach and a light hollandaise. The options are limited only by your imagination.
Orange Ginger BBQ Pulled PorkPrint This
- 2 kg of Bones Pork Shoulder Roast
- 1 medium Onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (smashed, peeled, NOT chopped)
- 2 cups Orange Juice
- 1 cup Apple Jelly
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Knob Creek Bourbon (or Bourbon of your choice)
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- Prep the slow cooker by giving it a little spray with Pam to make certain the pork does not stick on the sides at all.
- Add the sliced onions and smashed garlic evenly on the bottom.
- Place the pork roast on top of the onion and garlic.
- Pour the orange juice over the pork.
- Leave the roast to cook on low for 8 hours.
Ginger BBQ Sauce:
- Add the remaining ingredients in a medium sized sauce pan. With a wire whisk stir to break down and blend the mixture over a medium heat. Once the mixture boils, reduce heat and allow it to simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- While your sauce is reducing, remove the Pork from the slow cooker and shred. Use two forks to pull the meat apart.
- remove the onions and garlic, as well as the remaining orange juice from the slow cooker and return the shredded meat to it.
- Add the sauce and stir to coat all of the pork.
- Serve on a toasted brioche bun with a spoonful of homemade coleslaw.