Crab Cakes are such a nice treat to make when your looking for a quick appetizer or light main meal. They seem to pair nicely with almost anything. I like serving them with Maritime Chow along side a nice Parmesan and Arugula Salad, however the options are endless.
Use these cakes as sandwich wrap fillers or pop them in a taco shell for a twist on the traditional fish taco.
You can get creative fairly safely here so go for it.
Deliciously easy to make Snow Crab CakesPrint This
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 lb snow crab meat (if frozen, thaw and drain well squeezing as much moisture out as possible.
- 1/4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 2 diced green onions
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely shaved parmigiana – reggiano
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp HYS seasoning salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Combine all of the ingredients except the Vegetable oil.
- Measure the crab meat into portions 1/4 cup each. Make those portions into balls.
- Using a large non-stick frying pan, add 4 tbsp of oil to the pan. Heat over medium high heat.
- Take the crab cake portions, and using a spatula, flatten each one to about 1 inch thick directly on the frying pan.
- Cook for 4 minutes until golden.
- Flip and cook for 4 more minutes.
- Serve with fresh tarter sauce and enjoy.