Crab Cakes are such a nice treat to make when your looking for a quick appetizer or light main meal. They seem to pair nicely with almost anything. I like serving them with Maritime Chow along side a nice Parmesan and Arugula Salad, however the options are endless.
Use these cakes as sandwich wrap fillers or pop them in a taco shell for a twist on the traditional fish taco.
You can get creative fairly safely here so go for it.
Deliciously easy to make Snow Crab CakesPrint This
- 1 cup Panko crumbs (1/3 added to mixture. Reserve the remaining for coating)
- 1 lb snow crab meat (if frozen, thaw and drain well squeezing as much moisture out as possible.
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1/4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 minced shallots
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely shaved parmigiana – reggiano
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp grainy dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Preheat your oven to 350°
- Heat 2 tbsp on butter in a small frying pan. Add the red pepper and shallots to the pan and cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for a minute longer until garlic is fragrant and just beginning to brown. Roughly 2 minutes.
- Combine the red pepper mix with all of the ingredients except the Vegetable oil and reserved Panko Crumbs.
- Measure the crab meat into portions 1/4 cup each. Make those portions into balls. Gently roll the balls in the Panko crumbs.
- Using a large non-stick frying pan, add 4 tbsp of oil to the pan. Heat over medium high heat.
- Take the crab cake portions, and using a spatula, gently flatten each one to about 1.5 inch thick directly on the frying pan.
- Cook for 4 minutes until golden.
- Flip and cook for 4 more minutes.
- Place your crab cakes on a parchment lined baking sheet and cook on the middle rack of your oven for about 5 minutes. This is done to make certain the cakes are warm and cooked in the middle.
- Serve with fresh aioli and enjoy.