Quiche is the perfect solution when feeding a crowd at breakfast. It is also a quick go-to when hosting a brunch or looking for a light lunch option.
The recipe allows you to make this Quiche your own.
With this staple recipe it is easy to combine the flavours you love. Substitute the meat, cheese, and herb for any number of variations. For this recipe, I have used bacon, cheddar, parsley, and green onion.
Quiche Flavour options:
- Brie, Smoked Salmon, Dill
- Swiss, Ham, Spinach, Parsley
- Sausage, Bacon, Cheddar, Thyme
- Mushroom, Caramelized onion, bleu cheese
The Perfect Quiche TartPrint This
Gather your supplies:
- 8″ round tart shell
- Pie crust for 1 shell
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of heavy cream (I used old fashioned whipping cream)
- 1/2 c cheddar (grated)
- 8 slices of bacon (cooked, cooled, diced)
- 4 green onions (diced)
- 1 tbsp of finely minced parsley
- 1/4 tsp Salt and 1/4 tsp pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
Preheat your oven to 375F
- Place your pie shell in the tart pan and lightly press to form the shape.
- Trim the edges of the crust to be flush with the tart pan edge.
- Separate one egg and place the egg white in a small bowl. Whisk until frothy.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the tart shell bottom and sides with the whisked egg white. With a fork, poke the bottom of the shell randomly and the edges slightly.
- Place the separated egg white, and egg yolk back into a medium bowl. Add the remaining two eggs.
- Add the whipping cream, salt, pepper, and nutmeg to the eggs. Mix well with a whisk to incorporate and blend.
- Take your cheddar and spread it out on the bottom of your tart shell.
- Sprinkle your bacon, green onion, and parsley over the cheese.
- Gently pour the egg mixture over the cheese.
- Place your tart in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes. Quiche should be slightly browned and puffed up.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Store in the fridge for 1 day, or freeze for 2 weeks in an airtight container. (If freezing, pre-cut the servings prior and take out what you need as you need it. Store each slice between a piece of wax paper.)
Serving this for Brunch? Pair it with your favourite Champagne or Red Beaujolais.