I absolutely love the combination of chocolate and caramel. There are days when my cravings for that combination push me to create a new treat. This tart is the result of such a day.
Now it helps when a treat is easy to make. This one may cause you to fake effort for it honestly cannot get easier. Simple steps and easy ingredients make this tart one you’ll go for when hosting a dinner or feeding a crowd.
Decadent Chocolate and Caramel Hazelnut TartPrint This
- One pre-made pastry crust for a 9 inch tart shell.
- 6 oz of semi sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup of Dulce de leche + more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blind bake the pastry crust and set aside.
- In a medium sized pot, melt the butter and chocolate on low heat. Stir constantly until the mixture is perfectly blended and smooth. Add the sugar and the vanilla to the mixture and stir until the sugar has dissolved completely. Set aside for a minute.
- Add the eggs and cream and whisk together. Add 1/2 cup of the chocolate mixture to the eggs stirring constantly to incorporate. Be careful to add slowly as to not “cook” the eggs.
- Add all of the egg mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir over low heat until all has been incorporated and blended together smoothly. Turn off heat.
- Spoon the Dulce de leche evenly over the bottom of your tart shell.
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts evenly over the Dulce de leche.
- Pour the chocolate sauce over the nuts and Dulce de leche in the tart shell.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours and serve with a chocolate / caramel drizzle or homemade whipped cream.