When your running around with kids all week the last thing you want to do is fuss over dinner. Especially when it comes to getting your kids to eat vegetables. I know I have had my fair share of battles trying to force feed nutrients into my kids. It is brutal and the struggle as we all know, is real.
Grilled corn on the Cobb is a simple solution to this problem. It goes with everything and you can change up the flavours with various toppings. Furthermore, kids can choose their flavours which means the evening just got easier.
This little recipe has simple ingredients however you can literally use any combination you want. Let your kids play with flavour and texture. That is what food is all about. Enjoy!
Grilled Corn on the CobbPrint This
- 4 Fresh husks of corn
- 1 lime
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp Parmasen Cheese
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro
- Butchers string
- Preheat the BBQ and spray the grill plates with non-stick spray
- Peel the outer thick parts of the husks off the corn leaving 2 layers on the Cobb.
- Remove the “beard” from the corn husks
- Place the corn on the BBQ and cook for 15 minutes. Be sure to check often, close the lid while cooking, and rotate every 3 minutes.
- While the corn is cooking, use a zesting tool and add the zest of half of the lime to the butter. Mix to combine.
- Grate the parmesan cheese very fine.
- When the corn is finished grilling remove from grill. Pull back the husks to expose the Cobb however don’t remove the husks. Instead, take the butcher string and tie them so they create a “handle” at the end of the Cobb.
- Spread equal portions of the lime butter on each Cobb.
- Sprinkle the parmesan over all sides of the Cobbs.
- Place on plate, sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
This dish pairs perfectly with tacos and grilled meats.