Nothing is more fun to prepare than shellfish with Steamed Atlantic mussels being my favourite. Paired with a Curry spice blend and heavy cream these steamed mussels have a unique rich flavour. Furthermore, you can serve these mussels with a fresh baguette for dipping creating a quick and easy meal in minutes.
Curry and Cream Steamed Atlantic Mussels Garnish:
Before serving, chop some fresh parsley and sprinkle over the mussels.
Curry and Cream Steamed Atlantic MusselsPrint This
- 3 lbs of fresh Atlantic Mussels (buy 3.5 lbs to account for any discards)
- 8 Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp fresh Butter
- 2 Cloves of minced Garlic
- 4 green onions
- 125 ml of heavy cream or whipping cream
- 175 ml dry white wine
- 1/2 Tsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp ginger powder
- 10 Fennel seeds
- 1 tsp fresh Basil
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- The very first thing you do when preparing mussels is clean them. Rinse the mussels under cold water and remove any of the “Beards” by pulling them off. Any shells that are not tightly closed need to be discarded.
- Set the clean and sorted mussels aside in very cold water.
- Take all of your spice blend ingredients and blend with a Mortar and Pedestal.
- In a large pot with a lid, melt the butter. Add the garlic and sauté over medium heat until fragrant and slightly golden.
- Add the spice blend, white wine, tomatoes, green onions, and mussels. Cover
- Cook the mussels for 6 – 8 minutes until all shells have opened.
- Remove the mussels from the pot into a serving bowl leaving the broth in the pot.
- Boil the broth to reduce it by half. About 6 – 10 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and remaining butter to the broth and bring to a boil. Allow it boil for 2 minutes to thicken the sauce a bit.
- Pour the cream sauce over the Mussels.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Be sure to serve these mussels with warm fresh bread to mop up the delicious broth.