May 10 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$20.00
It is that time of year again everyone, the annual Adopt-A-Tomato event is back! This is our second official community event where we bring together gardeners to plant tomatoes and donate to the St. Albert Food Bank. Last year we adopted out 40 Tomato plants and raised $500 in cash donations and $200 in food donations. This year our goal is donate a combined total of $1000 and give away 50 Tomato plants.
How does it work?
- First you register for the Adopt-A-Tomato event via our Event pages.
- Then you begin to set aside food bank items for donation.
- On event day you arrive to learn all about how to plant your tomatoes, care for them, and nurture them throughout the season.
- You will also learn how to make a delicious tomato dish with the tomatoes you’re growing. You will get to have a taste of this dish as well.
- Finally you get to take home a tomato plant to grow knowing $2.00 from each ticket sale goes towards the St. Albert Food bank along with any generous donations you have brought to the event.
This event is a lot of fun. You really don’t want to miss out on this one trust me!